I am a returning customer
Your Account Has Been Created!
Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created!
You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.
A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
HLS Supplies Deionised Water uses the latest in R/O (reverse osmosis) and DI filtering technology to make ultimately pure water which can be used in a wide range of applications. This produces ultra-pure water (Typically 0ppm TDS - Total Dissolved Solids & 0 ?S/cm EC) - 100% pure!
We produce our own range of deionised water onsite and test each batch to ensure purity of the water for our customers before despatch.
• Great for window washing and water-fed pole systems.
• Topping up lead – acid batteries
• Perfect for hydroponic systems
• Suitable for use in steam mops
• Coolant/Antifreeze applications
• Preventing the build-up of scale
• Final rinse in car valeting, washing, detailing, painting etc
Deionised water, or DI water, is sometimes called demineralised water, or DM water. It is water which has had (most of) the ions removed. Ions are atoms or molecules which have either more electrons than protons, making a negative ion or fewer electrons than protons, making a positive ion.
Normal tap water is full of ions derived from the natural environment, the pipes, and other sources. Typically, these might include Sodium (Na), Calcium (Ca), Iron (Fe) and Copper (Cu). The deionisation process removes these mineral ions and is an important aspect of water purification for various applications.
Deionised water can also be referred to as DI Water, Deionised Water, Di ionised Water, De ionized Water, Deionized Water, De-ionized Water, Demineralised Water and Purified Water.
Deionised water is not the same as distilled water, although they are both forms of purified water. While the deionisation process produces high purity water by removing mineral ions it will not significantly remove any uncharged organic molecules. Whereas the distillation process boils water and then condenses the vapor which leaves both solid, mineral contaminants and organic contaminants behind.
Deionised water is used in a variety of applications including:
- Automotive industry in cooling systems, lead - acid batteries and used for rinsing of cars for the final rinse.
- Aquariums where tap water just is not ideal due to the impurities which can promote the growth of algae. Deionised water would be used for its purity which can improve the overall health of the aquatic environment.
- Hydroponic systems - pure water ensures better growth for your plants, fruit and vegetables.
- Boiler feed water to decrease the chances of the build-up of scale.
- Chemical/ Laboratory applications where purity of the water will affect results if not 100% Pure. Also used for sterilisation and cleaning of lab equipment.
- Cooling applications as the low level of conductivity can help prevent the build of scale minimising downtime.
- Industrial processes where various industries use pure, deionised water which can include chemical processing, the food & beverage industry, micro-electronics, petrochemical, pharmaceuticals, and power companies.